Thursday, January 24, 2008

What you shouldn't do...


So I decided last-minute to do the Copperas Cove race and yes - I was put into the "hurt-locker" for quite a bit. The watch says I spent 20% of the 3:50hr race at 180-190bpm, averaging 171 for the entire race. That sounds okay for a crit, but not for a 4hr road race - for me, at least. Not having been on the bike that week leading up to the race might be one reason, the fact that antibiotics make you feel "funny" another...

Pay Andy $6.25/hour so I can race - $25
Gas to CC and back - $20
Gas Station Coffee Refill - $0.86
The wife's winnings for 2nd place - $40
Total Cost $5.86

Catching up with friends + TX cycling gossip after a long winter - priceless !

1 comment:

  1. dude, its nature break...

    Good poker face... would never have guessed you were in the hurt locker...

    ReplyDelete