Monday, February 11, 2008

Ridin' in Arkansas

Just got back from 3 days of riding my bicicletta at the annual Mercy Team Training Camp. 3 days of 4hours/80+miles. The 500mile drive from ATX was not as bad as I thought it would be. Only the freezing temperatures of 30F Friday morning chilled me out a bit. Luckily there is Denny's just of I-540 with unlimited coffee and pancakes.

New teammate Bill Marshall (the head guy at KLM) hooked us up with some sweet helmets, tires, a 2-year-supply of GU's and some other goodies. His MVP status for the camp is non-negotiable. My new (old) teammate Mat Stephens is back on the equipo, too and I'll look forward to tackle the Texas scene with his help :-) My "main competition within the team" will be a 21 year-old kid from Tulsa who finally seems to become a grown man...:-)

Looks like we have a new soigneur, too. My back is already missing the "Thai Foot Massage"...

500miles and 31mpg later - Back in Texas now!

No comments:

Post a Comment