Sunday, March 2, 2008

La Primavera @ Lago Vista - Dia No. 2

Teammate Mat Ankney and myself swapped places today and I got the "V" while he finished in 8th place. Our pre-race plan was executed perfectly by everyone on the team and I was the lucky guy to be "in charge" in the final laps (they finally let me...). Wheeler, two-time winner Sheedy, '07 Collegiate Champ Boyd, and Tilford came with me and so we went lap for lap but only Alex, Tilford and myself would actually pull through. Riding in that group, I had a "Déjà vu" about last year and so I decided to go hard on the backside and only a never-weakening Tilford came with me ;-) Once we got rid of the rest, it was just him and me pulling hard and I felt confident going into the finish hill sprint vs. Steve. Thanks Bam-Bam, Mat, Mat, Kolt, Marshall, Brooks!

To get a "Veggieburger-View" of the happenings at Lago Vista today, feel free to take a look at his blog here.

photo by Nicki Ellis


teammate Marshall (who did the early work) shows some joy and so does friend + co-worker Joseph LaFico ;-)

7 comments:

  1. astonishing home boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job stefan. You were the strongest in the field both days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you did not let the old man tilford win??? no just kiddin. Good job and keep the germinator domination up in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  4. You been lifting waights?

    Good job man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...yeah I agree with Mike. Something is going on there with your upper body :-)))) maybe to much House renovation...

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're riding amazing.. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tilford...what an old focker

    ReplyDelete