Monday, June 16, 2008

More Matrix Crits

Without a teammates I had to race a bit different in Day 2's crit and focused on going for some primes. Got in a move with Barry, Vargas and strong-man from Jittery Joe's. That went allright and I got a prime but this break wouldn't last long as the teams in the field had other plans. Once we got caught I punched it hard and - as other say - attacked myself. Since I was on a solo-mission and the big teams in the field I stayed away for maybe 25-30minutes, made some gas money and some extra before getting caught with 25minutes to go. Only 17 (!) guys finished the crit today, others struggled with the heat, the corners and the pace.

Thanks goes to David Adams a.k.a. DKA who hosted a superb race in the Wilson Block Historic District just west of Downtown Dallas. Great course, great prize-money, great neutral support and a well-run event in general.

Speedy recovery wishes go to Farang Ghadiali who went down hard in the Cat 3 race and is on "trainer-duty" for now after breaking collarbone.

No comments:

Post a Comment