Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fitchburg Chronicles - Sprint Day

Fitchburg, Day 3. Ouch, that hurt again. Stage 3 was some 3mile loop ridden 25 times and featured a killer climb every time you come up to the finish. The team is riding well, Mike O. is now 10th GC (2nd best amateur I believe) and he gave me some killer lead-outs today for my sprints. First place is out of sight in the Green Jersey competition but I was able to score 65 points today and sit now 2nd - in a Type1 "sandwich". One more day to go, a 55mile crit in Downtown F'burg. Should be fun ;-)

Campus Pizza on Highland & Pearl St - typical Fitchburg house - Cafeteria Food

okay, I won a couple of intermediate sprints but when Shawn Milne launched, than it wasn't easy to stay on his wheel. His cowboy-hat wearing team director (left) knows that, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment