Thursday, November 27, 2008

Last race of the year (?), Turkey Trot & Post-Turkey Day Ride

The Copperas Cove Classic on January 19 was my first race of the year 2008. Finally, the season/year came to an end for me (at least on U.S. soil) on November 23 when I headed to Ft. Worth for two cyclocross races.
Saturday's Broken Films CX in Trinity Park was very technical, lots of loose turns and a nice run-up. I had a few almost crashes and someone else's blood on my shin (!?) after the race. It was definitively challenging for a "roadie" like me. I still managed to get 6th but was well-off from the Top3 which was taken by the "regulars" Fawley, Dahlheim and Comardo.
Sunday's Moritz Cowtown CX was already much better in terms of "roadie-type" friendly courses. We still had to jump over barriers, run up dirt, and overcome a huge log but there were plenty of "hammer" sections where us "roadies" could make up some ground vs the true CX/MTB guys. Fawley and Dahlheim were once again out of my league but I was able to hold off the rest and finished third on the day. It was a nice finish to the year.

Today we did the traditional "Cowtown" Turkey Trot in the early morning before getting stuffed with Turkey Lunch and sweets ;-) I haven't been running lots but it went pretty smooth actually and I came in 2nd in my AG and 19th Overall with a 18:23. Average HR was 185 (!) and now my calves are very sore...

Also, if you're in the Ft. Worth area over Thanksgiving make sure to come out to the Annual Post-Turkey Day Ride on November 28, at 9am on Brushy Rd/FM 51 intersection, just south of Granbury, TX.

Click the Racin' Turkey for the Flyer or click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment