Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ice hockey, SIX, and Austin Bikes Ride

My buddyLalla would have been proud of me as I went to watch a Dallas Stars icehockey game Friday night at AA Center in downtown Dallas. I really only watched the last 5minutes of the game where the Stars won the shoot-out vs. the Colorado Avalanches (?).
Saturday morning I joined the local "diesel's" Crosby, Surfer, Chopper & Co. on a modified RBM South Ride which ended up being the hardest effort I've done since my last CX race a few weeks ago :-) I got to Austin just in time for the TXBRA Award's Night Dinner/Party at SIX Lounge in Downtown. Was good to chat with a few folks I haven't seen in a while and catch up on things. Bonnie even had a trophy and a jersey for me to take home! Thank to Team AT&T/Brain and Spine for throwing the Party and offering a FREE Tap while I was there...Good times.
I did the Austin Bikes ride today and it looks like this ride is going to be my favorite ride to do on weekends these days. Lots of people (today there were like 60+ because of the TXBRA thing last night), mellow pace (at least early on before Sol hits it towards Dripping Springs), and good routes out West of town. Did 4 1/2 hrs today in the morning and spun around another 1 1/2 in the late aftternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment