Thursday, February 12, 2009

First "real" race of the year and more TX Tough...

Went down Southwest last weekend and hung out with the Louisiana Boyz and teammate "Big Daddy" Walker at a fantastic Bed & Breakfast in Castroville, TX. The owner even stacked up our fridge with all kind of things, bought a "heavy" Cranberry Cake for us, and had plenty of Nestlé stored for all our chocolate needs. I'll definitively come back here in August!

My first real TT "test" was Saturday morning - it was good and I was actually quite pleased with how things turned out. Next to raw power, a little bit of gambling was involved regarding the power output/pacing on the way out as we had a sweet tailwind but some got almost blown off the road on the way back in. It got me my first (of three) Alsatian Glasses for the weekend, though ;-)

Skipped the Crit later that day in order to say Good-Bye and drop off my buddy Eric at the airport.

The Road Race was pretty cool and featured a "new type" of finish - we had to negotiate through some tight turns and small roads in the last few miles before cresting a lil' climb to the finish line. My race was not too exciting and I hid for most part of the race in the field as I'm definitively not competitive for 50mile break-away's or wins yet. The next two weeks of training (less volume, more intensity) should change that - hopefully :-)


Oh yeah, check out this video of TX Tough Launch which was on WFAA Channel 8 this morning:

No comments:

Post a Comment