Monday, April 2, 2007

Belterra & Tunis-Roubaix

Having not raced for two weeks my legs felt "funny" at Belterra and I only managed 8th place. The next morning I got myself pretty dirty at Tunis-Roubaix where I rode to 3rd place after the THSJ boyz played cat and mouse w/ me. Having scored 2nd place last year at that race I wanted to repeat but my legs were not going at all after haven't be able to train a whole lot that week due to a cold. I never felt strong and managed only 8th place. Oh well, I thought and was looking forward to the epic Tunis race the next day. Having won that race before in the College category I was hoping to do well again, and my legs felt better than yesterday. Thanks to my training wheels (and 25mm MAXXIS Detonator tires) I didn't flat and I tried to make a decision in the dirt but the field wouldn't really break up. Finally, I ended up with two Hotel San Jose guys and they did what the had to do, attacking me left and right until I cracked and so I finished 3rd...Oh well, Mercy has been doing that to them multiple times before :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment