Saturday, April 7, 2007

Keirin, heads, etc. at the track

I went out to the track last night to "play" a bit. Seriously, it was a lot of fun although the temp's in the low 40's made the warming-up part very difficult. I survived the cold and won the omnium. I just had my new FUJI bike built together last week and wanted to try it out...well, I probably should have chosen a different day because it was freeeezing cold out there. But you "gotta do what you gotta do". I got 2nd in the Keirin Heat #1 and took the final, followed by a "V" in the Unknown Distance. It was fun, I need more speed workouts like those. The final event, a 12-lap scratch race (WAY too short), I didn't go for it knowing that it doesn't matter for the omnium and let the Compl. Depot guys sprint it out between themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment