Sunday, April 15, 2007

Toughing it out in cold Oklahoma...


I just got back from my friends in Tulsa after two days of good racing in the VeloCup Series. Saturday I was able to get 2nd and today I had to settle for third as Bill Stolte (HRRC) took the honors both days. The average temperature on Saturday was 40 F and my legs definitively felt it. But, the competition had the same conditions so it was okay. The "switchback-training" earlier this week at Mt. Scott helped me to make the selection of four (Adam Mills - thanks for reading my blog regularly, Bill Stolte, and Brice Jones) in this 50 mile race. It came down to a cat & mouse game in the last lap after I "tested" my legs up the finish hill w/ 1 to go. Eventually, I got away with Stolte and he did what he was expected to with 2 guys in the break of 4 - winning. I got 2nd and it was good. On Sunday we had more guys out and Mat Ankney cleared the way for us early on so Alex and me got in a break with Janne (Tulsa) and Stolte again. Unfortunately for us, Stolte was super strong again and outsmarted us the last 2 laps (although my legs were hurting pretty bad, too). Got to ride & race 90miles today as we rode out to the course w/ Chad (a.k.a. 53x11), Alex, Mat & Bam-Bam.

No comments:

Post a Comment