Sunday, April 20, 2008

Quick 2008 Matrix Cup Recap

Good times at the track these past two days: Thanks to the Matrix Cycle Club, Drew Tucker, Paula and the Superdrome staff all competitors had some HUGE prize list to race for.

Teammates Bam-Bam, Mat S., and I did well in most of the races. I was able to win all endurance events (point-a-lap, points, miss'n out, another points race) and took both the sprinter (I don't know how that happened...) and endurance individual omniums. On top of that Bam-Bam, Geoff Godsey, Kevinn Matthews, and I won the team pursuit (well, there were only 4 teams but a win is a win). As a team, we won 5 out of the 7 events offered for Elite Men (Ryan Nelman won the Keirin and new-kid-on-the-block Austin Stewart the 8 lap Scratch).

I'm very pleased to have such great teammates this past 2 days as it would not have been possible to pull off the V's without Bam's hard pulls and Mat S.'s "off-the-gun" attacks :-)


A special "Thanks" goes to Kevinn (above) of Tulsa, Okl, who helped Bam, Godsey, and me to win the team pursuit with one of the fastest opening 500m of a 4K team pursuit I've ever done :-) He was so thrilled to wear the Mercy jersey!

2 comments:

  1. Impressive racing from you and the Mercy boys!

    --Christian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, great job racing to you and the whole Mercy squad. I hope you can make it up to the track more often this year, you always elevate the level of racing.

    ReplyDelete