Saturday, August 2, 2008

40K State TT

I headed out to Pattison for TX State Time Trial together with Robert and Ruarri from THSJ. I've been down there twice before, but never quite had the punch in the legs; today was close.
We started at 11am and it was HOT. A typical Texas mid-summer day as many would say. We came prepared, though. After not willing to spent $150 on an ice-vest we used cold/hot packages from my freezer along with sandwich bags full of ice and a soaked-in-ice-water towel while warming up. The longsleeve Source Endurance skinsuit felt great, I was soaked in cold water when I went off. Everything went according to plan, I probably caught 8 or 9 guys but there was one man above all of us today: ERICK BENZ. He surprised a few folks today, including me. With Benz in 1st, me 2nd, and Wenger 3rd we had 3 "Sourcies" on the podium.
Special thanks to the Executive Inn, Orlando's Pizza, the Shell gas station of Brookshire, and Food Mart of Pattison for their hospitality :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment