Sunday, October 5, 2008

What a week !

An exciting week lays behind: On Wednesday I resigned from my current job and - after a brief moment of relief - I got going on my new, own business: ROTHE Training. If you are interested in affordable but at the same time professional coaching (road, track, CX) feel free to check out my new site at www.rothetraining.com.

After that, the focus shifted toward the State RR in Chappell Hill. It's beginning of October and not many people were too fired up for a 85mile road race so late in the year but I was looking forward to it. I like the challenge and - oh boy - a challenge it was. Without teammates, races like that get very political, tactical and oftentimes you gotta throw in a lot of effort to get a minimal result. That's what I did today. Thanks to my two secret red & white shadows who would never put their nose in the wind and sucked my wheel all day I got a great workout in and finished 8th. Ahh, racing can be so much fun sometimes. Congrats to Wheeler and Korioth who took the race by the horns and stayed away until the end.

I'm excited about the upcoming Fall - I'm looking foward to switch it up a bit this off-season. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. New job huh? Gosh darn, good luck. Just make sure ya' vote republickan 'cause that's where the money is. Go Texas. Cross in the middle of a field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation to be your own boss now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Stefan had a ginger shadow again.

    ReplyDelete