Monday, June 9, 2008

1-2 at Copperas Cove

Raced the Age-based State Championships this past weekend in Copperas Cove, TX. Saturday Kolt and me finished off a perfect team-effort to finish 1st and 2nd. After a 1lap double/solo time trial we were in a break of 5 guys and once I was going to the finish solo, he comes up to me (solo) and we hold it to the line. One U23 jersey for him, one 23-29 jersey for me. Sweet!

Sunday's P/1/2/3 race was a bit better attended and as always on this course - you make the early move, your in the mix for the win. I worked hard to and jumped a lot to make that early break and finally a group of 10 rolled off the front and I was in the driver's seat again. Riders got dropped due to the heat + winds, cramps and exhaustion in the last 10 miles. John Trujillo, Wikoff and me almost did some track stands 1 mle out from the finish but in the end I had to settle for 3rd place.

Two 85mile road races, two times in the Top 3, I can't complain. Legs are sore!

Check out the local newspaper at http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=25846

No comments:

Post a Comment