Friday, July 4, 2008

Fitchburg Chronicles - Independence Day

Happy 4th of July ! Today we raced the Wasachusetts Mtn. Road Race - 104 miles on a 11mile loop with 140 guys and the yellow-line-rule in effect! That was quite interesting :-)

Out of the 9 laps we did I spent 1 lap in the field, 5 off the front and 3 off the back :-) Our team was quite active and finally I was lucky and got in a move with Shawn Milne. That was hard. My legs are not really ready for 104mile RR after all those crits. We worked well and "shared" the sprint jersey sprints but 6 laps into it I could feel the legs getting "achy" and I had to let it go. At the same time, I flatted but thanks to SRAM I had a new 404 in no time. Once the field caught me, I was done. Spent the last 2 1/2 by myself and finished 30minutes down...the final 3K ascent to the Ski Station was a sufferfest....


...Sam, Mike, Toone and I getting Free WiFi in the Suburban, parked in Downtown Fitchburg

No comments:

Post a Comment