Sunday, January 7, 2007

Stage 2 - Podium Time!



Well, this was a stage to remember! I think my legs are coming around finally.
Throughout today's wet, wet, wet stage Tom, Jared and me were quite active trying to get into a break but the strong Japan National Team chased down e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. So after 90 out of 200km I jump with a group and we drilled it hard up that little rise until we finally got about 15 seconds and one Malaysian, one Japanese and a Dutch guy was with me. Coming up to the 2nd intermediate sprint it was Malaysia and me going all out while the others just sat on...:-) I got third in the sprint and somehow that Malaysian guy was well informed and went by us like crazy knowing this was the END! Yes, they canceled the stage 5min later, stopped us, and we had to ride back to where the field was stopped. Reason: Flooding. It's raining like monsoon-like here for 2 days now in a row. So I did only 100 rather than 200km. "I feel betrayed!" :-)
Well, the UCI guys counted only the first 4 guys and that way our Champ-System Team got finally some podium time with me taking a bronze medal, while Tom stood it out with me in the rain taking pictures. I know you only stuck around because of the podium chicks...Thanks anyway!



A few persons/bloggers I like to recognize and say "Hi":
Meine Eltern - fuer Eure Hilfe und Anrufe aus Deutschland
My Fancy - I love you and I will come home sooner or later :-)
Tang/Ivan/Louis/Dave - thanks for getting us down here & helping us in those crazy countries
Tom - teammate and Blogger, check it out here
Jared - well, he's my roommate tonight
Ted - supportive cycling enthusiast from Wisconsin
Brian, Melinda - Thanks for all your comments!
Fast - What's up dude? You need to come to New York sometimes!

Signing off,
Stefan

2 comments:

  1. So I am multitasking alittle by milking one of my best producers, checking my Treo for messages, folding paper bags for peace and scanning the Germanators blog noticing that the Chickenators are moving in on his territory. I'm really pssed until I read further to note that I (being a superoir Wisconsinite) was right. The warm weather suites Stefan and he can also perform like a duck in foul weather. Great job with your pistons... a true representation of excellent performance German engineering. Thank you parents for sure. To bad about the shortened time frame, you probably would have been standing in the center of the podium...breathing through a snorkel. But I am suspicious that the only reason you did so well in the heat and the rain was to be up there on the stand with the podium chicks, just for the good PR of course. I can tell that the diesel is just getting tuned up. Eat alot of chicken. Oops time to milk the next cow and fold more paper bags. Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you certainly have brought the fitness up a lot since thrashing us a few weekends ago... spectacular stuff and couldn't happen to a nicer puSSy.


    Akins

    ReplyDelete