Monday, January 8, 2007

Stage 3 - 100miles in the rain


Quick update from flooded Malaysia: we raced 3 1/2hrs in monsoon-like conditions (see picture above). Water was left and right, from above and below, and from up front. My teammate Jared soloed for 65km ahead and represented the orange, blue and white. A little gutter-action split the field apart w/ 30 to go; tom and me made it. A 180 on the cobbles and rain made it VERY tricky and @ 500m to go I had someone watch over me again as we avoided a nasty pile-up of 15 at 55kph. Made it through and got the same time like the bunch; sitting in 14th GC now. Tomorrow is the day of truth with at least 25 miles of climbing... Good night, Stefan.

4 comments:

  1. im glad you are avoiding all these crashes. you have to come home in one peice love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck tomorrow and I hope that you have a really comfy, warm bed to rest up in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great race snorkel boy. You may want to get your submarine painted with the team colors. Try a pair of water wings for tommorrow. If you need my boat I will pilot it to your flip side of the world location. Go #9. Now its back to my Wisconsin winter weather at -2c

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are pulling for ya! Maybe a carbon fiber paddle boat would be best for tomorrow? At any rate, keep the hull side down!

    ReplyDelete